Survey Says: Residents Want Downtown Preserved

click to enlarge
7,000 CITIZENS POLLED LAST YEAR

When asked, "Would you like to see some type of architecture guidelines put in place to secure the character and charm of Fairhope," 89% of respondents answered yes --and only 8% no.

When asked if the guidelines should apply only to downtown, most said no, they should be extended out into older neighborhoods as well.

Some typical responses:

"The older areas of Fairhope to preserve the charm, otherwise we will look like any other city."

"Start with the downtown and Fruit n Nut."

"All over city limits."

"Downtown, Fruit/Nut, bluff area to start. Not as restrictive as previously tried."

"Downtown. Leave other areas to their Associations."

Comments

Anonymous said…
When did this survey come out? I never got one and I have a lot to lose if they pass this thing.
Anonymous said…
I too live in a district that could be affected. I don't want anyone coming in and telling me what color I can paint my door.
Anonymous said…
why not do another poll or have a referendum on thisto see what the whole town thinks. majority still rules even in Fairhope.
Anonymous said…
Depends on what majority is polled.