Single Tax Corporation Gets Citation

Fairhope, Alabama

FOR VOLANTA AVE. SIDEWALK

Concilmember Debbie Quinn presented a certificate of appreciation from the city to representatives of the Single Tax Corporation for financing a much-needed new sidewalk from Section St. to Volanta Park.

Quinn said she first contacted the STC about the project several years ago, which ultimately cost them about $100,000. Such projects are financed by rent payments received from Single Tax Colony land lessees.

Quinn: "In appreciation for the construction of the sidewalk along Volanta Ave. ...  . Without your financial support this project would not have been possible. On behalf of the city of Fairhope, your generosity is greatly appreciated."

Quinn said she and the STC hope to extend the sidewalk on Fairhope Ave. all the way out to HWY 181/ Wal Mart as their next project.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yes, well done...a sidewalk on Volanta was long overdue.
Anonymous said…
Thank you FSTC for spending MY money to build these sidewalks. I'm not begrudging the sidewalks, but my rent for the YOUR property is WAY above all the taxes that you supposedly pay for my benefit. I'm so glad that all the people that live on DEEDED property is prospering (ie: Library, sidewalks, etc) at MY expense.
Anonymous said…
Wow...sounds like you should move. I hear the cost of living in Prichard is low.
Anonymous said…
I have lived here all my life thank you! I'm just tired of the money being spent against my rent to benefit other people.