Sculpture Donated To Fairhope Airport

Fairhope, Alabama 

 

Fly Away Sculpture donated.
 

 

The city council accepted the donation of 'Fly Away Sculpture' by Fairhope-based artist Martha Hopkins  to be installed at the city's H. L. Sonny Callahan Airport.

On her blog, Hopkins describes her work as minimalism with expression:

"Synthesis - Minimalism with Expression (Non-objective Paintings). I earned a BA in Spanish and Business from University of Southern Mississippi in 1961, a BA in Art from University of Montevallo in 1982, and I a BFA in Sculpture at the University of Alabama in 2004. I started painting seriously in 2004, and my concerns in painting are the same as they were in sculpture. I start with a minimal look, and then tweak it to provide expression ... ."

 

 

Martha Hopkins.

 


 

 

 

 

 


 

Comments